Potato and Ground beef Gratin. Spread half of the potatoes in baking dish. Top with beef; spread remaining potatoes over beef. Potatoes and ground meat are usually a winner in many dinner tables – so if you combine both you get the best dish of the night: Potato and Ground Beef. mvchamor.
Top with beef; spread remaining potatoes over beef. Creamy au gratin potatoes are made even heartier with the addition of seasoned ground beef. I followed tips from other comments and it turned out delicious. You can cook Potato and Ground beef Gratin using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato and Ground beef Gratin
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef or turkey.
- Prepare 6 of potatoes, boiled.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 3 of stems of fresh Thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 c of finely chopped onion.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 3 cups of milk.
- Prepare 3 cups of shedded cheese.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of butter.
Add one layer of potato slices to the bottom of the recipe, best, easy, ideas, potluck, casserole, potatoes, potato, cheese, cheesy, au gratin. The best potatoes to use for au gratin potatoes are russets; they have the most starch and make the creamiest sauce. You may be tempted to cut calories by using half & half or milk in place of the cream. Delicious layers of beef, potatoes and cheese in this beef and potato au gratin made easily in the Instant Pot – a definite winner for any family!
Potato and Ground beef Gratin step by step
- Brown ground beef, or turkey. Drain off access grease when done. Add salt and pepper to meat..
- Take boiIed potatoes and mash them..
- In saucepan melt butter and add chopped onion stir for 2 minutes..
- Add in flour and Thyme stir until bubbly remove from heat..
- Add milk place back on heat and stir until bubbly..
- Add 2 cups of shedded cheese. Stir until melted and smooth. Turn heat off. Remove from heat..
- In a greased 13 x 9 dish layer half of the potatoes, top with meat, top with remaining potatoes. Pour cheese sauce on top. Bake for 30 min covered..
- Top with remaining cheese and bake for 15min..
Brown ground beef using vegetable oil. Set aside and sprinkle with seasoned salt. Arrange browned beef on top of potato mixture. In a small bowl combine mushroom soup, sour cream and milk. Add ground beef to the Instant Pot.