Vickys Banana Porridge, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Banana Porridge, GF DF EF SF NF using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Banana Porridge, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 80 grams of gluten-free porridge oats.
- It’s 600 ml of milk of choice ie rice, almond, coconut.
- It’s 1 of generous pinch ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 of small over ripened bananas, mashed.
- You need 15 grams of pecans, roughly chopped (optional).
Vickys Banana Porridge, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Soak the oats in the milk overnight.
- When ready to cook, put the oats, milk & cinnamon in a pan.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat, stir in the mashed bananas and let simmer for 5 minutes. You may need to add more milk to achieve the consistency you prefer.
- Spoon into 2 bowls and top with whatever you like, some extra sliced banana and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Serve immediately.
- This is a good breakfast for both children and those with type 2 diabeties. The oats are rich in slow-release carbs which help balance blood sugar levels. It's low GI and low salt and the over ripened bananas replace the sugar.