Dudhi Chana Nu Shaak/Lauki Chana Dal ki Subji/ Bottlegourd Gram Curry.
You can cook Dudhi Chana Nu Shaak/Lauki Chana Dal ki Subji/ Bottlegourd Gram Curry using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dudhi Chana Nu Shaak/Lauki Chana Dal ki Subji/ Bottlegourd Gram Curry
- You need 250 g of bottlegourd doodhi, washed, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of split gram chana dal soaked for 1 hour.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds rai.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds jeera.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of asafoetida hing.
- You need 1 of tomato washed and finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar (skip if you want to make diabetic friendly).
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder haldi.
- It’s 2 tsp of coriander cumin powder dhania jeera powder.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare of salt as per taste.
Dudhi Chana Nu Shaak/Lauki Chana Dal ki Subji/ Bottlegourd Gram Curry instructions
- Wash and soak the split gram (chana dal) for at least one hour..
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker pan. Add mustard seeds (rai) to it. When it crackles add cumin seed (jeera) to it. Then add asafoetida (hing) and ginger garlic paste..
- Add washed and chopped tomatoes to it. Add a little salt and cook till tomatoes soften. Add spices – turmeric powder (haldi), coriander-cumin powder (dhania-jeera powder), red chilli powder and sugar. Saute till spices release aroma..
- Now add the soaked chana dal and half cup of water. Let the water boil and dal cook for 5 minutes..
- Add the chopped bottle gourd (dudhi) to it. Mix well and add remaining water and salt to it. Close the pressure cooker lid with a whistle and cook for 4 whistles on high heat and 2 whistles on low heat. Let the pressure cooker cool by itself. Remove the lid and dudhi chana nu shaak is ready to serve..