Waldorf Style Salad with Chicken. Leftover cooked chicken makes this chicken Waldorf salad, loaded with apples, grapes, celery and walnuts, a snap to assemble. If you use rotisserie chicken, keep in mind that it's salty and omit the salt in the dressing. Serve over watercress, with a chunk of whole-grain baguette.
Add chicken and grapes to the classic Waldorf salad to make it a hearty main dish. This chicken salad is perfect eaten on its own or scooped between a healthy, whole grain bread. Variations on this could be adding jalapeno for a spicy kick or adding more of an assortment of nuts, like almonds or. You can have Waldorf Style Salad with Chicken using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Waldorf Style Salad with Chicken
- It’s of Dressing :.
- You need 2 tbsp. of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of sour cream.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp. of honey (or granulated sugar).
- You need 1/2 tsp. of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of poppy seeds.
- It’s pinch of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1-2 tsp. of milk (optional to thin out dressing).
- Prepare of Salad :.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced apples.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red grapes, sliced in half.
- It’s 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped walnuts.
- You need 1/4 cup of dried cranberries.
- It’s 1/4 cup of thinly sliced celery.
- You need 1 of cooked and diced chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of chopped romaine lettuce (or green of choice).
Chicken Waldorf Salad is a classic salad made with apples, grapes, pecans and celery in a light, creamy dressing. It's the perfect combination of What To Serve With Chicken Waldorf Salad. I like to serve this over a bed of greens such as baby arugula and baby spinach, in a lettuce wrap, or with a. Chicken Waldorf Salad is tender chunks of chicken mixed with celery, grapes, apples, toasted walnuts and mayonnaise.
Waldorf Style Salad with Chicken step by step
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside..
- The dressing is quite thick (especially if you use sugar instead of honey), so if you'd like it thinner, you can add milk a tsp. or so at a time until you reach the consistency you like..
- For the salad, just toss everything together, drizzle the desired amount of dressing over the top and enjoy!.
- If you'd like to pack this in a mason jar like I do, use a wide mouth quart sized one. Dressing in the bottom, then layer in the celery, apples, grapes, chicken, romaine, dried cranberries and walnuts…in that order..
This delectable recipe is one of our favorite chicken salad recipes. You can serve on a bed of spring greens, stuffed in a sun ripened tomato, or stuffed in a whole wheat pita. Add the chicken, apples, grapes and celery. Sprinkle with walnuts just before serving. Healthy eating is made easy & delicious with this Waldorf Chicken Salad!