Southern Salisbury Steak w/ Gravy. Watch me make these Hamburger Steaks w/ Onion Gravy from start to finish! Lord have mercy…there are just some meals that are the epitome of southern comfort Now I'm not talking about Salisbury steak (which uses egg and often breadcrumbs), which is also another favorite of mine. This Salisbury Steak has a southern twist to it, and is a great and quick dinner option for you.
Salisbury steak is another one of those classic, old fashioned, dishes that we Southerners love and is comfort food at it's best. For extra gravy use a large family size can of cream of mushroom and stir in a bit of water or milk to loosen, bring to a boil, add mushrooms and proceed with remaining recipe. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if you like, and serve hot with egg. You can have Southern Salisbury Steak w/ Gravy using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southern Salisbury Steak w/ Gravy
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1 small of Onion.
- It’s 1/2 of Green Bell Pepper.
- It’s 2 cup of Beef Broth.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Flour.
- You need 1 can of Cream Of Mushroom.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- You need 1 of pepper.
- It’s 1 of garlic powder.
This hearty main dish is a favorite at our house. Serve patties and gravy over noodles. Salisbury Steak covered in a super flavorful gravy loaded with sliced mushrooms and served over mashed potatoes makes a filling and delicious meal. Salisbury Steak is one of my favorite beef dinners because it is such an economical way to eat red meat.
Southern Salisbury Steak w/ Gravy instructions
- In a skillet saute' half the onion chopped and the bell pepper and let cool.
- Put beef in a bowl and mix together cooled onion, bell pepper, and half of the cream of mushroom and season to your liking w/ salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Form beef into oval-shaped patties, brown on both sides remove and set aside.
- Add onions to pan saute' until translucent then add flour and wisk for a minute, wisk in beef Broth add patties back in cover and let simmer until cooked thru. Serve along side white rice or mashed potatoes…ENJOY!!!.
Homemade Salisbury Steaks are simple to prepare, and this recipe features a rich, silky mushroom gravy that is over the top. Salisbury steaks packed with flavor, in mushroom and onion gravy and served here over some serious smashed potatoes. Salisbury Steak Mushroom Gravy Ingredients. ½ Stick Butter. ½ Pint Mushrooms, chopped. Click Play above to view now ^. How To Make Salisbury Steak With Gravy.