Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy.
You can have Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 of egg, beaten.
- It’s 1/2 of small onion, finely diced.
- It’s 8 of saltine crackers, finely crushed.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of fresh sage, minced.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 12 oz of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 3 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of beef broth.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley for garnisg.
Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy instructions
- Gently mix the beef, egg, onion, cracker crumbs, sage, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl using your hands. Divide into 4 equal portions and shape into oval patties, about 1/2 inch thick..
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the patties, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate..
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to the skillet and cook the mushrooms until slightly browned, about 4 minutes. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper to taste, scraping up any browned bits. Sprinkle in the flour and stir, then stir in beef broth and simmer until the sauce begins to thicken, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, swirling to combine..
- Return the patties and any juices from the plate to the skillet. Simmer until the sauce thickens and the patties are cooked through, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and season with salt and pepper..