Slow Cooker High Protein High Fiber Vegetarian Chili. The chili itself is actually vegan! Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for four hours (or low for eight hours). Each bowl can be unique, which means leftovers of this Slow Cooker Vegetarian Lentil Chili will be a little less tiring… Obviously it's full of fiber! 😉.
The slow cooker is a handy tool for every kind of kitchen — including ones where vegetable-driven. This slow cooker vegetarian chili uses beans and quinoa for a high-protein plant-based meal. Easy to make, packed with flavor – you'll never miss the meat!.veggies, protein, and fiber, this tasty lentil chili can be made in the Instant Pot or slow cooker! You can have Slow Cooker High Protein High Fiber Vegetarian Chili using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker High Protein High Fiber Vegetarian Chili
- You need 1 cup of Organic Quinoa.
- You need 1 large of White Onion, Chopped.
- Prepare 2 of Green Bell Pepper, Chopped.
- Prepare 5 of Carrots, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 2 can of (14.5 oz) Organic Diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare 1 can of (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 can of 15 oz Chickpeas, drained and rised.
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of Organic Vegetable Broth.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground Cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chipotle powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Indian Paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of ground ginger.
Made in the Instant Pot or slow cooker, it couldn't be any easier to enjoy a big bowl of lentil chili Variations on Instant Pot Vegetarian Lentil Chili. Prepared as a vegetarian meal or with lean ground beef or turkey, the protein content will continue to remain high even in the absence of meat. Because beans are loaded with not only protein but with fiber. This Crockpot Vegetarian Chili is vegan, gluten free, SO healthy, and loaded with veggies, spices, and THREE kinds of beans!
Slow Cooker High Protein High Fiber Vegetarian Chili instructions
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add Onions, Bell Peppers, Carrots and sauté for 10 minutes..
- Add Cayenne powder, cumin, black pepper, chipotle powder, ginger, Indian Paprika, stir in for 3 minutes..
- In slow cooker, add diced tomatoes, black beans, chickpeas, 1 cup Quinoa and 2 cups of vegetable broth. Stir to combine..
- Add sautéed Vegetables to slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours..
- Reduce slow cooker to warm and place 2 cups of chili into a blender or food processor and puree for 1 minute until smooth..
- return puree to slow cooker and stir in to combine..
- Optional ::: garnish with Parsley flakes and serve.
Ingredients in slow cooker vegetarian chili: Red onion. Eating meals that are high in protein on a vegetarian diet is actually super easy, and I've Quinoa is a vegetarian's best friend because it's high in protein, fiber, complex carbs, and is relatively cheap This slow cooker sweet potato mexican quinoa from Fit Foodie Finds is full of protein, flavor, and is. Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP) is commonly used in vegan and vegetarian recipes and it's a good source of protein. It is a soy product so it isn't suitable for all diets, but if you don't have soy. With a slow cooker, of course!