Pho-flavor flank steak lettuce wraps. Jump on the pho trend with these healthy lettuce wraps, packed with beef protein and flavors of chile peppers, basil, onions, and Asian chili sauce. To serve, divide shredded meat among lettuce leaves. Top with radishes, basil leaves, green onions, and the remaining jalapeño peppers.
Chicken lettuce wraps are classic, but you will really enjoy putting steak, pork, even vegetables between the delicate lettuce leaves. Chicken lettuce wraps are an adventurous way to introduce new flavors and cuisines to your table of eaters. They're a lot like tacos—handheld and highly. You can have Pho-flavor flank steak lettuce wraps using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pho-flavor flank steak lettuce wraps
- You need 2 pounds of beef flank steak.
- Prepare 2 cups of coarsely chopped onions (2 large).
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fish sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar.
- You need 2 of fresh jalapeno chile peppers finely chopped.
- You need 4 teaspoons of chinese five-spice powder.
- Prepare 12 of large lettuce leaves, swiss chard or napa cabbage leaves.
- You need 1 cup of shredded radishes.
- You need 3/4 cup of fresh thai basil leaves.
- It’s 3 of green onions, thinly sliced diagonally.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
- You need of Sriracha sauce (optional).
Remove the steak from the marinade, discarding the marinade. We love pho – the comforting soup that has become synonymous with Vietnamese cuisine the world over. Remove the flank steak from the saucepot and wrap with aluminum foil; set aside. Place the noodles in the center of two bowls.
Pho-flavor flank steak lettuce wraps step by step
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 2 inch pieces. Place meat in a 3&1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker. Top with onions. In a medium bowl combine the water, the fish sauce, sugar, vinegar, the five spice powder, and half of the jalepeno peppers. Pour over mixture in cooker..
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high heat setting for 2&1/2 to 3 hours..
- Remove meat from cooker, reserving cooking liquid. Transfer half of the meat to an air tight container or freezer container; cover and chill or freeze for another use. Shred or chop the remaining meat; transfer to a medium bowl. Strain cooking liquid. Stir enough of the strained liquid (about 1/4 cup) into shredded meat to moisten..
- To serve, divide shredded meat among lettuce leaves. Top with radishes, basil, green onions, and the remaining jalepeno pepper. Drizzle with lime juice. Roll up lettuce leaves. If desired serve with asian chili sauce..
Top with the sliced onions, jalapenos, and steak. These lettuce wrap steak tacos were inspired by tacos I recently oredered at a Tex-Mex restaurant in NYC. They were so good, I didn't miss the tortilla so I set out to recreate them at home. Lettuce wraps are low-carb, keto, gluten-free and low calorie, and don't interfere with the flavors of the filling. Try this Flank Steak Lettuc Wraps recipe, or contribute your own.