Southern Steak and red potatoes.
You can have Southern Steak and red potatoes using 8 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southern Steak and red potatoes
- It’s 3 small of red potatoes.
- It’s 2 of brown mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of beef steak.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Indian Nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 of green oinion.
- You need 1 oz of celery, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
Southern Steak and red potatoes step by step
- It's a very easy recipe to make. Boil the potatoes for 7-10 min. Let them cool down and carefully peel the skin. In the meantime, season your steak and it 4 min (or more depending on your taste) on each side. Once it's ready, remove it from the castiron and add the mushrooms to let them fry for 1 min. In a hot cast iron, add the olive oil, the potatoes and the chopped green onion for 2.5. Steam your celery and your meal is ready 😊.
Nyama Choma with Kachumbari. Today nyama choma is eaten on special occasions, such as a weekend family get-together, with the staple food ugali and the fresh vegetable salad, kachumbari. In Kenya, it is generally the men who do the grilling outdoors, while munching on the meat and gossiping. At the Festival, the female Kenyan.
Nyama choma might be popular but when it comes to everyday eating, "Kenyan cuisine in its essence is actually heavily vegetarian," Kaluhi says. Ugali and nyama choma. "The people who are in Turkana or the Masai Mara, they are traditional people and their cuisine is influenced by their livestock. Want to order food from Baba Nyama Choma? You can cook Nyama Choma with Kachumbari using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Nyama Choma with Kachumbari
- Prepare of Nyama Choma ingredients:.
- It’s of Chicken, Pork and Beef.
- You need of Badia complete seasoning.
- It’s of Kachumbari Ingredients:.
- You need 6 of tomatoes diced.
- It’s 2 of cucumbers chopped seeds removed.
- It’s 1 of large red onion diced.
- You need 8 of jalapenos seeded and diced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 2 of avacados diced.
- Prepare of Juice from 4 limes.
- Prepare of Chopped fresh cilantro.
- Prepare of Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Chapati bread or flour tortillas.
Nyama Choma in Nairobi is usually eaten off a communal cutting board, as the main dish, with others dishes on the side. What do you eat with Nyama Choma? Some prefer just straight meat and salt. Others like a bit of kachumbari (combination of chopped tomatoes, onions and cilantro, sometimes.
Nyama Choma with Kachumbari instructions
- For Nyama Choma, lightly season meat with Badia complete seasoning..
- Grill meat over medium charcoal until desired doneness. And chop into bite size pieces..
- For Kachumbari, combine ingredients; tomatoes, onion, cucumber, jalapenos, avacado lime and herbs. Season with salt and pepper..
- Serve Nyama Choma with Kachumbari and chapati bread and enjoy..
Nyama choma is always eaten with the hands, and common side dishes include kachumbari salad and ugali. Remove the meat from the skewers and serve with kachumbari salad and ugali. Meat: Goat is the meat of choice in Kenya, but beef will work just as well. Nyama choma is Kenya's unofficial national dish, meaning barbecued meat in the Swahili language. The meat is usually goat or beef, served roasted throughout the country, from roadside shacks to fine restaurants.
Sous-vide Smoked Beef Ribs.
You can have Sous-vide Smoked Beef Ribs using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sous-vide Smoked Beef Ribs
- You need 2 of slabs Beef Ribs.
- It’s 5 tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Kosher Salt.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Chinese Five Spice Powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chinese Style Bbq Sauce *see my recipe*.
- You need 4 of BPA free gallon sized bags.
Sous-vide Smoked Beef Ribs step by step
- Get the sous-vide water bath warming up to 165° F.
- Make the Chinese style rib rub. Combine the brown sugar, Chinese five spice, salt and onion powder into a jar and mix together thoroughly..
- Trim the excess fat from the ribs and cut in half..
- Coat ribs with the rub and let rest until the water bath reaches temperature..
- When the water is to temp place the ribs into the bags and submerge into the water..
- I use an oven cooling rack across the top of the bath to clip the top of the bags too to keep the zipper from going into the water. I've never fully trusted them to not leak when counting on them..
- Cover the top with plastic wrap to hold in the heat. The cooling rack helps support this too..
- Let cook in the water bath for 24 hours..
- After the 24 hours place the ribs on a smoker preheated to 250°F. I use pecan wood..
- Let them smoke for 2 hours, then brush with the Chinese style bbq sauce and cook for another hour then sauce again..
- Check after another hour and if to desired doneness remove from heat..
- Let rest for about an hour then grab some napkins and dive in!.
Whiskey Smoked Tri-Tip Sandwhich.
You can cook Whiskey Smoked Tri-Tip Sandwhich using 30 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Whiskey Smoked Tri-Tip Sandwhich
- Prepare of TRI-TIP.
- Prepare 2 lbs of cut of Tri-Tip.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbspn of Unsalted Butter.
- It’s of Sub rolls or hamburger buns.
- Prepare of BBQ Sauce (Based on Aaron Franklin's Recipe).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of beef tallow (vegetable oil for a vegan option to share).
- It’s 1/3 of white onion roughly cut.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves roughly cut.
- You need 1 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1.5 cups of organic ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1.5 tbsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of smoke paprika.
- It’s 4 dashes of Worcestershire Sauce.
- It’s of Whiskey Basting Sauce.
- You need 5 tbsp of BBQ sauce from previous section.
- Prepare 1-2 shots of your favorite Bourbon/Whiskey (preferably American).
- You need of Cookware.
- It’s of Smoker loaded with your favorite smoke flavor (hickory here).
- Prepare of Sauce Pan.
- It’s 1 of large bowl with an airtight lid.
- Prepare 1 of small bowl.
- Prepare of Basting brush.
- Prepare of SUB: Oven if you do not have a smoker (needs a cooling rack).
- You need of Blender.
- It’s of Cast Iron Fry Pan or Cast Iron Skillet.
Whiskey Smoked Tri-Tip Sandwhich step by step
- Grab your Tri-Tip and spread an even coating of Kosher, make sure to cover every side. Does not need to be the full cup, be cautious of over salting meat. This step is important in creating the dry brine. After you have salted, spread an even layer of pepper on the meat, make sure to cover every side..
- Place seasoned Tri-Tip on a cooling rack or on a cookie tray under plastic wrap (cooling rack does not need this) inside of the refrigerator for about 2.5 hours (Do this overnight or start earlier in the morning for more flavorful meat)..
- Heat your saucepan under medium-high heat. Once heated drop the 2tbsp of beef tallow, vegetable oil, or other fat into your pan. Quickly pour your chopped onions in after. Cook for 6 minutes or until Onions are translucent..
- Once your onions are translucent. Drop you chopped garlic cloves into your sauce pan and cook for an additional 4 minutes..
- After the 4 minutes is up, you then put in your 1 cup of light brown sugar and begin stirring with a plastic or wooden spoon. You keep stirring your sugar until it caramelizes and becomes like a glaze..
- Drop your ketchup, mustard powder, salt, pepper, and smoke paprika at this time and begin stirring until you notice a color change then bring it up to a simmer. Let sit in this state for 5 minutes or until the sauce is thick..
- After the sauce has thickened, stir in your Worcestershire sauce. Once stirred in, let the sauce simmer for one more minute..
- Transfer sauce into blender and blend on high until all of the onions and garlic has been blended into the sauce. Pour sauce into the large bowl with an airtight lid, seal it and let it sit out until it has cooled to room temperature..
- After about 2 hours of waiting, begin warming up your smoker/oven to about 275°F. While your smoker/oven is heating up, pull your Tri-Tip from the refrigerator and let it begin warming up to room temp for the next 15-30 minutes (often times this isnt enough to raise the temp of the meat straight out of the fridge but it is alright to put it in between this time frame)..
- Once your smoker/oven is warm and your meat has warmed up in the open for about 15-30 minutes, put the Tri-Tip in your smoker/oven. I recommended cooking the Tri-Tip on a cooling rack in your oven with tinfoil on the bottom of the oven in order to ensure that it is cooked evenly around. An issue that is not held by conventional smokers..
- Maintain the temperature at about 250°F for the next hour and do not open the cooking chamber..
- After maintaining temps for an hour, without opening your cook chamber, begin ramping the temperatures up to 275°F. Once you ramp your temperatures, head back to your now cool BBQ sauce and take out 5 tbsp and place them into your small bowl. Reseal your large bowl and place in fridge. Take your small bowl and pour about 1 shot of your favorite bourbon/whiskey in and mix. You now have your bourbon/whiskey BBQ basting sauce..
- When the internal temperature of the biggest part of the Tri-Tip hits the internal temperature of 100°F (about 1.5 hours of cooking) begin basting your Tri-Tip with your Bourbon/Whiskey BBQ sauce that you just made and dont be afraid to apply a liberal coating..
- Once your done with that let the Tri-Tip continue cooking for about another 30 minutes at 275°F..
- Once you hit the 2 hour mark or start getting within 10-7°F of the internal temperature that you want, begin heating up your cast iron fry pan/skillet on your stove and place the heat on high..
- Right before you pull your Tri-Tip out of the smoker/oven, drop 1 tbsp of unsalted butter into your pan. Remove your Tri-Tip and begin cooking all sides of it (butter should be melted by now)..
- The Tri-Tip should spend, at most, 1 minute on each side in order to give it a nice sear and crust. Once all sides are done, baste with butter for 30 seconds and then take off..
- Allow meat to rest for at least 15 minutes. This allows the meat to finish cooking as well as buying you time to finish any sides you may have yet to finish..
- Serve with Tri-Tip itself on the bun or with a dab of BBQ sauce on the top bun. My favorite way to eat it is to place coleslaw on top of the meat with a dab of BBQ sauce on the top bun. Use the BBQ sauce you made as the pepper should pair nicely with the savory taste that the whiskey and smoke bring. If you try it with coleslaw, it brings a cool element and really helps balance out the flavors even more..
- Enjoy! Remember you can store your homemade sauce I fride for upto a month..
No time smoked beef sammich. Some people didn't know what an Italian Beef Sammich was and asked if I'd do this so here goes. After this strain juice from sauce The Italian beef from the previous smoke. Don't be afraid to put it in.
Making Your Own Smoked Beef Tongue is Easy. Now I already know what you are thinking? And when done cooking, you can slice it up for a sammich or make into tacos de lengua. You can cook No time smoked beef sammich using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of No time smoked beef sammich
- It’s 1/4 stick of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1/2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 large of onion.
- You need 1 small of red bell peppers.
- You need 12 slice of smoked beef.
- Prepare 1 dash of black pepper.
- It’s 5 slice of any cheese slices u like , provolone is best tho.
- Prepare 1 dash of evoo.
- Prepare 10 slice of wheat bread.
Total smoke time should be about two to three hours and I also flipped my tongue over at about and hour. Smoked tongue is gourmet fare, and it is very tasty when served either hot or cold. Slice it thinly, and serve as an appetizer, sandwiches or on crackers. These guys sure know how to make a mean sammich!…" Holy Beef Cake!
No time smoked beef sammich instructions
- do some prep! chop some garlic, onions, bell peppers and mushroom.
- toast bread and set aside.
- while the bread is toasting go multitask! heat some butter in the pan.
- put ur prep work (onions,garlic,peppers) in the pan.
- seasoned with salt and pepper and some paprika powder! be creative if u want add oregano or rosemary if you like also im sure it works wonderful.
- drizzle with evoo.
- cook until it caramelized and set aside.
- put sliced smoked beef in the same pan you used just heat cook until the sliced beef is warm enough to put cheese slices on top.
- put cheese slices on top of the smoked beef which are still on the pan and let them be until the cheese melts.
- now assemble time! do this repeatedly until you are done with all sandwhiches : slice if bread+smokedbeefwithcheese+caramelized toppings+slice of bread.
- you can press them in the pan if you like so it looks like a panini or you can eat them right away!.
- Enjoy! glass of lemon water on the side wud be perfect!.
The sandwiches here are world class to the max. My wife and I visited Sammich for our first time this past weekend, a rainy Sunday afternoon. It turns out that the folks at Sammich smoke all of their meets, such as bacon and pastrami. How to prepare and smoke beef short ribs in the smoker with pictures and complete step by step details. How Long to Keep the Smoke Going?