Beef Stroganoff over Sautéed Potatoes. Half the potatoes and scoop out the insides, keeping the scooped out potato for later. Cut the steak into thin strips and sear in a hot pan. Beef Stroganoff or beef Stroganov (Russian: бефстроганов befstróganov) is a Russian dish of sautéed pieces of beef served in a sauce with smetana (sour cream).
The first time we made homemade stroganoff, as we sat down to dinner, we were a bit in disbelief at what was sitting In Russia, you will most often find traditional beef stroganoff served over fried shoestring potatoes (French fries). It can also be found served over. Serve the beef Stroganoff with the sautéed potatoes and cucumber pickle. You can cook Beef Stroganoff over Sautéed Potatoes using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Stroganoff over Sautéed Potatoes
- It’s 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1-1/2 pounds of beef chuck roast, cut into 1/2-inch thick strips.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of butter.
- You need 1/2 of onion, diced.
- You need 8 oz. of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp. of flour.
- You need 3 cups of beef broth.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 3 tbsp. of fresh sliced chives.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Sautéed potatoes for serving.
This dish of sliced beef in a sour cream sauce garnished with straw potatoes was named for the Stroganov family of Russian merchants. The inventor was plainly familiar with French cuisine (browning meat to make a pan sauce was not a Russian technique)—no surprise. While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the beef. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and reserve.
Beef Stroganoff over Sautéed Potatoes step by step
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Preheat your pan over high heat and add oil. Add beef and cook, stirring constantly, for 5-6 minutes, or until liquid evaporates and meat is browned. Remove meat from the pan and set aside..
- Add butter, mushrooms, onions and garlic into the pan, season them with salt and cook over medium-high heat until the vegetables begin to develop some color. Stir in flour and cook for about 1 minute..
- Stir in 3 cups of stock and add your beef. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook on low heat for about 1 hour or until the beef is tender and the sauce has thickened. Stir in sour cream, chives and serve over sautéed potatoes..
BEEF STROGANOFF ON SAUTEED POTATOES This recipe came out very delicious and easy to make. I would like to share this video recipe with you. potatoes for serving Directions: Preheat your pan over medium high heat and add oil. Beef Stroganoff, in its simplest form, is simply tender beef with a mushroom and sour cream sauce served over rice or noodles. This delicious beef stroganoff recipe is made with lean beef, beef stock, sour cream, onion, and Make this delicious beef stroganoff and serve it with hot buttered noodles, rice, or potatoes. We recommend serving it with potatoes or over split buttered biscuits.