Dan Dan noodle (easy version). Classic dan dan noodles are made with fresh noodles and have a meat topping made with ground pork or beef and (usually) Szechuan preserved vegetables. This quick and easy recipe for dan dan noodles combines the spicy sauce with dried pasta noodles. Dan dan mian, or dan dan noodles, are one of Sichuan (sometimes spelled Szechuan) province's most famous culinary exports.
A Dan Dan Noodles recipe that's tried, true, and authentic. With this recipe, you can try out this spicy, numbing Dan Dan Noodles Sichuan classic at We must have tried no fewer than a dozen versions of this Dan Dan Noodles recipe. It's one of those dishes that's so widespread among Chinese noodle. You can cook Dan Dan noodle (easy version) using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dan Dan noodle (easy version)
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil (I used peanut).
- It’s 1/2 of medium onion, chopped.
- You need 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 piece (2 inch) of ginger, minced or grated.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of rice wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of peanut butter.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of long noodles.
- You need of Spicy.
- You need 1 of each use only one of the spicy, these are some options, adjust to your liking.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of gochujang (Korean chilli paste).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Sriracha sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chilli paste, like samba oelek.
- It’s of garnish.
- You need 1 of each green onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of roasted peanuts, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cilantro, fresh.
Famous Szechuan style Dan dan noodles (担担面) is one of the most popular Chinese street foods. So I am not brave enough to call this an authentic dan dan noodle recipe, but it is the easiest way to Dandan in the name actually refers to a carrying pole(扁担 in Chinese ). Cook noodles according to package instructions and add to bowl with the sauce, tossing to coat noodles in the sauce. Divide noodles between serving dishes and top each with pork.
Dan Dan noodle (easy version) step by step
- In a medium size pan or skillet, heat the oil, medium-high heat, and when hot add the ground beef and cook until done, chopping into smaller pieces as you cook it..
- Remove cooked beef to a bowl with paper towels..
- Reduce heat to medium, add chopped onion and cook, stirring a little, until translucent. Scrap up any of the beef bits left in the pan, into the onions as it cooks.
- Add the garlic and ginger, stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add the stock (or water), soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and peanut butter..
- Add your spicy ingredient of choice, but only one, I just listed a variety so you knew it wasn't all that difficult. My preference is the gochujang, but you can't always get that..
- Add your cooked beef back in, stir to mix well. Bring up to a simmer..
- Cook your noodles to al-dente, our just under done, not soft. I prefer a whole grain noodle, and something like spaghetti or linguini sized.
- Cook your beef mixture until it is the thickness you desire. I like a gravy/sauce thickness myself..
- Drain your noodles when done, add a little butter or oil so they don't stick together.
- Add the noodles to individual bowls, add the beef mixture on top, garnish and serve.
Garnish with cilantro, toasted peanuts, and green onions, and drizzle with more chili oil, if desired. Dandan noodles or dandanmian is a noodle dish originating from Chinese Sichuan cuisine, I've taken the dish and hugely simplified it for my channel. Dan Dan Noodles – Savory and spicy Sichuan noodles served with ground meat make for a Dan Dan Noodles, otherwise known as Dan Dan Mian, originate from Sichuan, China, and it has since Sichuan cooking is famous for its intense and deep flavors. I have tried many versions of Dan Dan. This spicy dan dan noodles recipe is an easy twist on the classic dan dan noodles for an easy takeaway style dinner.