Baked apple and sweet potatoes. To Make Sweet Potato Apple Casserole. Once the prep work is done this casserole is so easy to assemble. Boil sweet potatoes until barely softened and drain.
Ingredients of Baked apple and sweet potatoes
- It’s 4 large of apples.
- It’s 2 large of sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 12 tbsp of cinnamon splenda blend.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of low fat margerine.
An easy dinner side dish or light lunch, learn how to Sweet potatoes come from the morning glory family. It has large, starchy, sweet-tasting, tuberous roots that are packed with vitamins and minerals. Chunks of sweet potato and apple coated in ghee and cinnamon, dotted with plumped raisins and rich walnuts, all covered with a creamy egg mixture? This paleo sweet potato apple breakfast bake is exactly what you need after days or weeks of savory paleo breakfasts.
Baked apple and sweet potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Wrap sweet potatoes in paper towels and microwave on high for 6 minutes. Flip potatoes and microwave another 6 minutes for 12 minutes total..
- Combine 2T ground cinnamon and enough sugar substitute to make about 1/2 cup cinnamon blend. I use Splenda because it bakes well and can be used in a 1:1 ratio to replace sugar..
- Remove potatoes and let cool..
- Core, peel and section apples into slices that are ~5-10 mm thick (1/4-1/2" thick). Add lemon juice and refrigerate to keep sections from browning..
- Peel sweet potatoes and slice into sections ~the same thickness as the apple slices..
- Build the dish as follows: layer sweet potato slices in bottom of casserole dish. Dab each slice with a little margerine. Sprinkle 2-3 T of cinnamon blend over the layer. Add a layer of apple slices and sprinkle another layer of cinnamon blend..
- Repeat step 7 until all the sweet potato and apple slices are used. The top layer should be apple slices sprinkled with cinnamon blend..
- Bake uncovered for ~50 minutes. Test apples to be certain they are done. Let stand 5 minutes and serve..
Trust me… This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Print Recipe Show ❤ & Comment Jump to Recipe. Sweet potatoes and apples come together in this delicious fall favorite. Maple syrup brings complementary fall flavor to this sweet potato and apple casserole.