SHEREE'S CHERRY BARS … diabetic. Beat eggs, and stir in chopped cherries and remaining ingredients until well blended. Pour over baked crust, spreading evenly. Recipe for Chocolate Cherry Bars from the diabetic recipe archive at Diabetic Gourmet Magazine with nutritional info for diabetes meal planning.
I have to admit, I made these cherry bars because I found some cans of cherry pie filling. This involves monitoring and managing your carbohydrate intake. The American Diabetes Association encourages fruits, vegetables, beans and whole-grain foods as healthful sources of dietary carbohydrates. You can cook SHEREE'S CHERRY BARS … diabetic using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of SHEREE'S CHERRY BARS … diabetic
- Prepare 1 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 2 cup of splenda, for cooking (can use regular sugar).
- You need 3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 medium of eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of REAL vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 tsp of almond extract.
- It’s 2 can of of fruit pie filling, i like cherry.. look for sugar free and add a little splenda.
- Prepare 1 of **** if u arent trying to make it sugar free… use regular sugar and regular pie filling.
- You need of GLAZE.
- You need 1 cup of confectionerary sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of milk.
Between the easy preparation and pretty color, they're destined to become a holiday classic. —Jane Kamp, Grand Rapids, Michigan. It just wouldn't be Christmas at my house without these special bar cookies- so pretty using red and green maraschino cherries and candy coated A definite do-over and very pretty too! I followed the directions exactly and I did not have any problems. I would think in a larger.
SHEREE'S CHERRY BARS … diabetic instructions
- **** baking dish should measure 15x10x1…..
- preheat oven to.350°.
- in a large bowl cream sugar, butter, & salt…add eggs one at a time and mix in thoroughly .. beat in extract. gradually add flour..
- …………add 3 cups BATTER into the baking dish … spread out. spread pie filling on top of batter…
- drop remaining batter on pie filling. like dumplings… bake for 30-35 minutes… should be golden brown. cool on wire rack completely….
- FOR GLAZE.
- in bowl mix powdered sugar, extract, and milk .. you may not need all the milk add a little at a time… until its a consistency you like ….
- drizzle over bars….
- I was INSPIRED by the magazine SIMPLY DELISCIOUS.
Delicious Cherry Bars topped with a heavenly glaze that has hints of almond extract. It will be your new favorite dessert! lilluna.com . Avoid the glorified candy bars and choose a nutritious bar. Use cherry pie filling or thickened cherries in juice to make the filling for these bars. One reader said she made the bars with her pre-teen kids.