Low fat pumpkin pie. You won't miss the fat one bit when you slice into this spicy pumpkin pie with its golden crust and creamy filling. Sharon Haugen of Fargo, North Dakota shares the recipe for her lightened-up twist on a Thanksgiving classic. Egg substitute and evaporated low fat milk give you a healthy option with this holiday favorite.
Ingredients of Low fat pumpkin pie
- You need 4 cup of mashed pumpkin.
- Prepare 1 can of nonfat sweetened condensed milk (14 oz).
- You need 1/2 cup of nonfat skim milk.
- You need 4 medium of eggs.
- It’s 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger.
- It’s 2 of pie crusts (9").
Combine all of the ingredients into either a large bowl or food processor. Pour your mix into either a oven-safe pie dish sprayed with. Pumpkin pie is a traditional North American sweet dessert, eaten during the fall and early winter especially for Thanksgiving and Christmas. This will give the stuffed pumpkin time to firm up as well.
Low fat pumpkin pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°F..
- Prepare pie crusts. For convenience I use packaged crusts but please feel free to make from scratch if you prefer..
- Add pumpkin to a large bowl. If you use canned pumpkin use two 15 oz cans. Stir in the condensed milk and the skim milk..
- Use another bowl and lightly beat the eggs. Stir the eggs into the pie filling..
- Add the spices and the brown sugar. Stir thoroughly to mix..
- Pour filling into the crusts. Note: Filling is thicker than many other pumpkin pie recipes..
- Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F and bake another 40 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean..
- Cool on racks for 30 minutes before serving..
To serve, slice from top to bottom in fat wedges, and put wedges on a dinner plate. This easy and delicious crustless pumpkin pie has such a rich and almost custard-like texture. You will fall completely in LOVE with the recipe! This pumpkin pie recipe is crazy. Keywords: homemade pumpkin bread, Low Fat Pumpkin Bread, pumpkin bread from scratch, pumpkin bread recipe, pumpkin bread with real pumpkin.