Mom's apple pie/ diabetic friendly. Reviews for: Photos of Diabetic-Friendly Apple Muffins. Use a fork to prick the bottom crust in several places. A great desert for our diabetic friends.
Pour apple mixture into unbaked pie crust. Cut oleo into small pieces and put on top of apples. The Best Diabetic Apple Desserts Recipes on Yummly You can cook Mom's apple pie/ diabetic friendly using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mom's apple pie/ diabetic friendly
- You need of pie.
- You need 2 of prepared pie crusts for 9" pie plate. Use store bought or homemade.
- It’s 1/2 cup of splenda. Can you same amount in regular sugar if not making diabetic friendly..
- Prepare 3 tbsp of splenda brown sugar. Use 1/4 cups of brown sugar if not using splenda version..
- It’s 5 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 2 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of allspice.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of salt.
- It’s 8 cup of peeled, cored and thinly sliced apples. Mom uses gala apples and measurement is equivalent to 9 medium apples..
- It’s 1/4 cup of raisins.
- You need 1 of lemon and its juice. Be sure to remove all the seeds..
- Prepare 1/4 cup of melted unsalted butter.
Diabetic Suitable Brownie, Apple Dessert, Nutty Apple Bars -diabetic Friendly. Bourbon Caramel Apple DessertThe Neighborhood Moms. Изучайте релизы Mom's Apple Pie на Discogs. Приобретайте пластинки, компакт-диски и многое другое от Mom's Apple Pie на маркетплейсе Discogs. New England is one of the prime apple- and cranberry-growing regions of the country. This is my all-time favorite cranberry apple pie recipe.
Mom's apple pie/ diabetic friendly step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- Place one pie crust on pie plate leaving about 1/4 of pie crust over edges.
- In large bowl of cold water,place lemon and juice of lemon and put apple slices in water as you peel and prepare.This keeps apples from turning brown until all are peeled and sliced and adds touch of lemon flavor..
- In another bowl combine sugars,flour, cinnamon, allspice and salt..
- Thoroughly drain apples and let sit for several minutes to allow as much water to drain as possible. Then mix in melted butter and sugar mixture.Toss to coat apples well..
- Put apples in bottom pie crust and mound into middle of pie..
- Take second crust and place over pie taking the bottom edges and folding them up and under top edges to seal..
- Make a slit in center to vent while baking..
- Place pie on a baking tray that can hold any juices that overflow from pie while baking. Forgetting this step leads to cleaning oven next day :).
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Lower oven to 350 and continue to bake for another 45-50 minutes until golden brown..
- Enjoy with sugar free vanilla ice cream on the side..
I substituted Splenda for Baking for the sugar, Pie was excellent, Unbelieveably great. Splenda made it Diabetic Friendly also. Mom's Apple Pie was an American ten-member rock band from Warren, Ohio. They were best known for their album cover and for the voice of lead singer Bob Fiorino. Home » Diabetic Recipes » Dessert.