Brown gravy or chicken gravy. Traditional Brown Gravy made after pan frying chicken. Made with pan drippings, flour, water, salt, pepper. It's usually served over rice or mashed potatoes.
I just made something similar with pork in the Crock Pot. It's amazing how easy this homemade chicken gravy recipe is! Chicken broth serves as the perfect substitute for typical gravy drippings. You can cook Brown gravy or chicken gravy using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brown gravy or chicken gravy
- You need 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 of beef cubes or chicken.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire.
- You need 2 tablespoons of flour or cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
There are many ways to make gravy for a turkey or chicken dinner, including some shortcuts using butter instead of pan drippings along with chicken or This is a recipe for a classic turkey gravy made with pan drippings, flour, and water or stock. Purchased chicken or turkey stock may be used, but it. I have been pondering the brown gravy/white gravy divide, and am wondering what the regional variations are, and geographically where the split is. For example– I come from SE Michigan.
Brown gravy or chicken gravy step by step
- Boil water and 2 beef cubes and Worcestershire, until cubes has dissolved. Then reduce heat..
- Mix flour and cold milk together waiting on step 1. Set aside.
- Add in milk mixture to beef mixture, stir constantly on low to medium heat until you get the thickness you want..
I never heard of white gravy growing up. Gravy was meat juice (beef or chicken most commonly). Use this easy chicken gravy recipe (no drippings required) to add rich, creamy flavor. Country gravy is really simple to make! No need to buy those powdered packets from the store.