Pot Of Italian Goodness (Version Of Sunday Gravy).
You can have Pot Of Italian Goodness (Version Of Sunday Gravy) using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pot Of Italian Goodness (Version Of Sunday Gravy)
- Prepare 2 lb of Pork Country Ribs.
- It’s 2 lb of Beef or Pork Neck on the Bone.
- You need 3 of Links of Italian Sausage (mild, sweet or hot).
- You need 12 small of to medium Meatballs.
- Prepare 4 can of 28 oz Whole Peeled Tomatoes.
- It’s 3 of Bay Leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 1 of Yellow hot/spicy onion.
- Prepare 8 clove of Garlic minced.
- You need 3 tbsp of Olive Oil.
Pot Of Italian Goodness (Version Of Sunday Gravy) instructions
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large stock pot. Brown all the meat ingredients. Do each one at a time. Start with sausage, then meatballs, pork ribs, and lastly the beef necks. After each ingredient is browned, take it out and set it aside. For the sausage, use 2-3 links cut into small bite-sized pieces. NOTE: The reality of getting exactly 2lbs of one ingredient or another, isn't possible. So, feel free to add a bit more of one thing or another depending on preference..
- As you're browning the beef necks, dice your onion. Once browned, throw the onion in and saut? for 5 mins..
- Mince garlic cloves and throw them in the pot. Saut? for another 5 mins..
- Add in tomato paste. Coat all ingredients. (Sometimes I use the paste with Italian seasoning. Your preference is fine.).
- Add whole tomatoes, juice and all. While you are putting the tomatoes in the pot, crush each one with your hand..
- Add bay leaves. And keep heat on medium low until the mixture hits a low, slow boil. Periodically stirring. By this time, you've probably been cooking 30 mins. Cook another 30 and then turn the heat down to a low simmer..
- After 1 full hour, add the browned pork ribs..
- After another hour add the sausage. Periodically stirring..
- After another hour, salt and pepper the sauce to taste. Then add the meatballs. Cook for one last hour..
- You can always eat this dish alone. But consider eating this Pot of Italian Goodness with garlic bread, a side salad, or a side of pasta..