Sauteed asparagus and ham. Easy sauteed asparagus recipe made with garlic and butter. A springtime side of garlicky wild mushrooms and crisp roasted asparagus. This springy side dish made up of earthy wild mushrooms and roasted asparagus is easy, elegant, and loaded with flavor!
Ingredients of Sauteed asparagus and ham
- Prepare 1 can of asparagus.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced ham.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of skim milk.
This cooking technique for asparagus should be a part of your culinary arsenal. You could call this a recipe, or you could think of it as a cooking technique: a quick and easy way to cook asparagus without a lot of fuss and using extremely basic ingredients that you probably have on hand, or are easy to get. Add asparagus, mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper. You can easily prepare this the night before for a luncheon, or in the morning for dinner.
Sauteed asparagus and ham instructions
- Drain and rinse the asparagus..
- Dice the onion and ham. Saute together for 6-10 minutes..
- Add asparagus to onion and ham mixture. Stir over medium heat..
- Whisk the egg and milk together and use a second pan to scramble..
- Add the scrambled egg to the asparagus and toss to mix..
- Serve warm..
I serve it year-round for large groups Layer with cheese, asparagus and ham; arrange bread circles and holes on top. Add onion, salt and mustard; mix well. This simple method really highlights the flavor of the asparagus. Sauteed Asparagus – the difference between frying and sauteing explained so you can saute to perfection! Sauteed Asparagus is easily confused with just putting some asparagus in a frying pan and frying it.